Cost of Living
The cost of living in Pattaya, Thailand is considerably less than that in countries such as Australia, the UK or the USA. This cost of living calculator will give you a reasonably accurate idea of the costs but as a person that lives in Pattaya, I can tell you that this is a little top heavy but that’s better than less than the actual costs.
Summary about the cost of living in Pattaya:
- Four-person family monthly costs: 62,007.32฿ without rent (using our estimator).
- A single person monthly costs: 17,421.13฿ without rent.
- Cost of living index in Pattaya is 16.44% lower than in Bangkok.
- Cost of living rank 348th out of 524 cities in the world.
- Pattaya has a cost of living index of 45.24.
As you can see from the costs detailed above a four-person family can live (not including rent) for approximately USD$2,000 per month or AUD$2,600 or GBP1,400. This is a considerable saving over what it would cost for the same family in their home country.
The above costs are relevant for those that want to have a middle of the range lifestyle. For those of you that want to spend up big, you’ll have no trouble finding any number of hotels, apartments, restaurants and other services that will help you make this happen.
All jokes aside, irrespective of what lifestyle you choose, you’ll be able to live it on a lot less money than you would if you were in your home country.